6 Reasons Massage Therapy is More Relevant Now than Ever
Do you care about wellness? Do you want to help people feel their best? Are you service hearted? Here are 6 reasons why Massage Therapy is more relevant now than ever:
- Health benefits. New studies show that massage therapy can boost immune system health, support sleep, aid in digestion, lower blood pressure, soothe pain and facilitate healing.
- Ditch the meds. Massage therapy is not just for improving physical health but can also have impactful mental health benefits. More physicians are prescribing massage therapy as a form of treatment in lieu of medication to relieve stress, anxiety & depression. The power of touch promotes natural healing.
- Support total body wellness. Massage therapy aids chiropractic care, physical therapy treatment plans and personal training workout and recovery plans by flushing out toxins, stimulating the natural healing process and can relieve pain and soreness by reducing inflammation, reducing recovery time and improving muscle growth.
- Who are massage therapists? A massage therapist can be anyone! There is such diversity in the massage therapy industry. Whether you are a recent high school graduate hoping to start a meaningful career, a physical therapist or personal trainer who wants to add to their skill set and exportiese, or a seasoned professional looking for a new career in health & wellness, massage therapists have all different backgrounds and journeys!
- Who benefits from a massage? EVERYONE! From soothing babies with acid reflux to treating anxiety and depression for overwhelmed teenagers and overworked adults and comforting nursing home patients, the benefits of massage are universal.
- By popular demand! Las Vegas is the spa capital of the world. As more and more people become aware of the benefits of massage therapy, more spas, doctors offices, chiropractic offices, gyms, etc are offering or prescribing massage therapy services. Massage Therapists are in high demand! This industry is growing rapidly and holds promise for a lucrative, meaningful career.
Hot tip: Aveda Institute Las Vegas is now offering a Massage Therapy program. The program takes approximately 5 1/2 months to complete and is the perfect start to your wellness journey. Aveda Institute is preparing students for state licensure and the opportunity to change lives with the power of touch. Interested in learning more about becoming a massage therapist? Schedule your career planning session today!
Have you ever experienced a massage? Call today to schedule a customized massage with one of our massage therapy students. 702-459-2900.