OUR BRAND’S HISTORY
The Aveda brand has been around since 1978, founded by Horst Rechelbacher who was inspired to launch the company after a trip to India where he was introduced to the science of Ayurveda. He adopted holistic thinking, long before its popularity today, and held the belief that individual beauty is linked to the beauty of the world around us.
The mission at Aveda is to care for the world we live in, from the products we make to the ways in which we give back to society. At Aveda, we strive to set an example for environmental leadership and responsibility, not just in the world of beauty, but around the world.
Aveda is now a global leader in the beauty and wellness industry, with salons, spas and institutions in more than 40 countries.
Plant infused. Sustainability at heart.
EARTH MONTH AT AVEDA
Did you know that 785 million people lack basic access to clean and safe drinking water? As a student at Aveda Institute Las Vegas, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in a global effort to help end the world water crisis.
OUR INSTITUTE’S 11 BELIEFS
- We believe in treating ourselves, each other, and the planet with care and respect
- We believe social responsibility is our responsibility
- We believe ecological and profit goals are mutually achievable
- We believe our authenticity and experience are our points of difference
- We believe in inspiring and educating people to integrate wellness and beauty in their lives
- We believe in the power of oneness: from our global image to a focused network
- We believe learning never ends
- We believe in encouraging innovation and empowered decision-making
- We believe our actions, products and services should always embody excellence
- We believe personal and organizational balance is the key to sustainable success
- We believe true leadership is delivered with passion and by example
Why Aveda Institute Las Vegas?
go beyond beauty
Start your journey to a successful career at the Aveda Institute Las Vegas. Focusing on a creative approach to learning, our copyrighted curriculum, Masterpiece, sets us apart from other Aveda Institutes and includes projects such as painting, sculpting, charcoal drawing, collage and poetry. In addition, all of our programs include business, time-management, and job placement assistance. During your journey at the Aveda Institute Las Vegas, you will have the opportunity to use all Aveda plant-based, vegan products and immerse yourself in the Aveda culture.