- The Information We Collect- When you use our site, we receive and collect certain information. The information that we receive and collect depends on what you do when you visit Institute.
- Automatically Collected Information. Some information is automatically received and sometimes collected from you when you visit the Institute site. We receive and collect the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the browser software you use and your operating system; the date and time you access our site; and the Internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to our site. We use this information to monitor the usage of our site. Also, when we send emails to you, we may be able to identify information about your email address, such as whether you can read graphic-rich HTML emails. All of the information we automatically capture provides us with the ability to enhance our users’ experience at Institute and to determine aggregate information about our user base and usage patterns.
- Information You Actively Submit to Institute. For some of the services we provide, we neither require nor collect a user Profile” -your name, email address, shipping address(es), and phone number. You can use most of the Institute site without having to submit a User Profile. In the following instances, however, we do need you to actively submit your User Profile: when you want to (i) post to our message boards or (ii) submit a form requesting information.
- Creating an Institute Account or Completing an Order when applicable. You can register with Institute to view the literature we have made available online, to post to or read message boards, or to order Institute products or services when applicable.
- How We Use and Share Your User Profile- Occasionally, Institute uses your User Profile to collect aggregate data about the demographics of our users. You can prevent us from using your information for this purpose at any time by setting your browser to reject cookies. We sometimes use User Profiles to collect aggregate data about the demographics of our users. You can prevent us from using your information for this purpose at any time by setting your browser to reject cookies. Institute shares your User Profile that we collect as follows:
- Subcontractors. We send your User Profile to third-party subcontractors and agents that work on our behalf to provide certain services. These third parties do not have the right to use the User Profile beyond what is necessary to assist us. They are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of the User Profile and are restricted from using such information in any way not expressly authorized by Institute.
- Service Providers. We send your User Profile to third-party providers of goods and services that you may purchase from time to time on our site. Like subcontractors, these third parties do not have the right to use the User Profile beyond what is necessary to assist us. They are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of the User Profile and are restricted from using such information in any way not expressly authorized by Institute.
- Credit card companies (when applicable). Credit card transactions are handled by a third-party financial institution and their vendors, which receive the credit card number and other personal identifying information only to verify the credit card numbers and process transactions.
- Law Enforcement Investigations. Institute may release your User Profile when we believe, in our good judgment, that such release is reasonably necessary to comply with law, enforce or apply the terms of any of our policies or user agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Institute, our users, or others.
- Communications from Institute- As a customer, you may receive the following communications from the Institute:
- Communications related to transaction and account maintenance activities.
These communications include without limitation: order confirmations; order update notices; order problem notices; and notices regarding material changes to site policies and account management procedures.
- Newsletters containing information about Institute and its partners’ products and services. We send newsletter emails regarding products and services from Institute, its subsidiaries and trustworthy third parties. Any Institute customer who does not wish to receive such product and service communications can choose to remove his or her contact information from our contact list at any time by clicking the “opt out” link on bottom of the email.
- Underage Users – Our products and services are marketed with the consent of adults or by adults. From time to time, parents and guardians allow their children under the age of 18 to browse our site and to post to Institute Message Boards. Institute highly values these posts. To protect the privacy of any user of our site who is under the age of 13, we do not permit them to post any contact information.
- Linking to Third-Party Websites- When you click on links and banners on our site that take you to third-party web sites, you will be subject to the third parties’ privacy policies. While we support the protection of privacy on the Internet, Institute cannot be responsible for the actions of any third-party web sites. We encourage you to read the posted privacy statement of any and every site you visit, whether you are linking from our site or browsing on your own.